Today’s guest is Keith Bailey of Blueprint Business Solutions.
Keith is a veteran of Finance, Accounting and Management.
In this episode we discuss:
– What it is like to have a Portfolio Career.
– What he learned about converting clients faster when he worked as a consultant.
– How he started his first business at 9 years old
– Why he believes diversifying throughout life is important.
– His leadership philosophy and how it developed at a young age.
– The challenges he has had advising boards.
– How you get a leadership team to talk when they don’t want to.
– How to turn around companies that are in financial stress.
Another experienced guest sharing his wisdom on the podcast.
This episode is Co-Hosted by BRISCA Managing Director Sumith Dissanayake, and Jack Ferguson.
2:25 What is Blueprint Business Solutions?
3:35 What was it like to go to the UK to learn to be a consultant?
6:00 What would you say to the person who started the business back in the UK?
8:15 When did you start your first business?
10:20 How was school for you?
17:15 Do you enjoy working with a lot of different businesses?
24:00 Why do you say you had to leave your role?
29:30 Has it served you well to be completely transparent?
33:25 Have you dealt with difficult boards during your time?
36:00 How do you have difficult conversations with people who don’t want to have them?
41:45 Have you sat on boards yourself?
45:00 There must be a difference between dysfunctional boards and how functional boards perform. What are those differences?
53:10 How did you deal with a lifestyle that didn’t let you stay in one place?
56:55 What are your plans for the future?
Where to find Business Blueprint Solutions:
Where to find Keith Bailey:
Co-Hosted By Sumith Dissanayake (https://www.linkedin.com/in/sumith-dissanayake)
Co-Hosted By Jack Ferguson (https://www.linkedin.com/in/jackfergusonmymm/)