Today’s guest is Sharyn Williams, CFO of G8 Education.
In this episode you will hear how Sharyn was impacted by Covid. G8 Education is a company that runs a number of childcare centres around Australia, so this past year and a half has been very difficult. We speak about that at length.
Other topics we discuss include:
– How Sharyn’s team reacted to Remote Working during Covid.
– How Sharyn got her first shot at leadership when she was playing sport for Australia.
– How and why Sharyn thinks that leadership can come from anywhere and from people without leadership titles.
– What happened when she was thrown in the deep end throughout her career.
– How having imposter syndrome. She also talks about how it has helped in some ways.
This episode is Co-Hosted by BRISCA Managing Director Sumith Dissanayake, and Jack Ferguson.
2:20 What is G8 Education?
3:25 When did you know that Covid was going to be an issue?
6:50 What was your sporting career like?
12:55 What was your first leadership opportunity?
15:30 Did you enjoy leading early on in your career?
17:35 When did it occur to you that you don’t have to have a title to be a leader?
23:00 Do you think there is such a thing as too much education?
24:50 How did you go with dealing with someone so different to you?
27:25 Had you accepted that you were a leader yet in your career?
30:00 Do you seek feedback on your leadership?
31:25 How did you come to be the CFO of G8?
33:40 What does the future look like for yourself?
37:50 Why do you think education isn’t valued as much as it should be?
39:30 What would you go back and tell your younger self?
Where to find G8 Education:
Where to find Sharyn Williams:
Co-Hosted By Sumith Dissanayake (https://www.linkedin.com/in/sumith-dissanayake)
Co-Hosted By Jack Ferguson (https://www.linkedin.com/in/jackfergusonmymm/)